Everything evolves over time – including our products! For over 15 years, our customers have been enjoying the benefits of our Treatex Traditional Hardwax Oils, but many of you will also be familiar with our more recently introduced Evolution Hardwax Oil range.
Selling both ranges simultaneously has enabled us to compare all aspects of these products and the simple truth is that the Evolution range has proven itself superior on all levels. The results speak for themselves and are backed up by the overwhelmingly positive feedback we are receiving from our customers.
For this reason, we will be discontinuing the Treatex Traditional range and concentrating on our Evolution products.
So, what’s caused the Evolution revolution?
Evolution, as the name suggests, is a next generation hardwax oil, designed to enhance and protect the natural beauty of all your interior timber surfaces. While retaining many of the benefits of the Treatex Traditional range (hard-wearing, attractive finish, suitable for any situation including floors, doors and kitchen worktops), its performance is simply better.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from Evolution:
- Higher coverage rates: Evolution can reach up to 30m2 per litre (and we thought Treatex Traditional had a high coverage rate at approximately 20m2 per litre!)
- Ease of application: Evolution has faster drying times, as well as the optional 2K Booster (hardener). It also takes longer to become sticky, meaning it can be worked for longer and even applied with a buffing machine.
- 4 sheen levels: Matte, Classic (½ Matte, ½ Satin), Satin, and Gloss (Treatex Traditional had only 3 sheen levels).
- More colours to choose from: Evolution is available in a wider range of colours. Check out the beautiful Evolution Colour Range here: https://whittlewaxes.com.au/blog/evolution-timber-colours-for-paneling-flooring-stairs-furniture-and-more/
- Improved safety: Evolution is a new non-flammable product which means less risk during the application process and cheaper freight costs.
- Better value: Cheaper transportation means that we can offer Evolution at a more competitive price than Treatex Traditional.
- Easy maintenance: Evolution is easy to maintain, using the same cleaning and maintenance programme and products as with Treatex Traditional. https://whittlewaxes.com.au/blog/whittle-care-and-maintenance-tips/
- A sustainable formulation: Evolution (like Treatex Traditional) is made from sustainable raw materials such as Beeswax, Carnauba wax, Candelilla wax, Linseed oil, Sunflower oil, Jojoba oil. It also contains no biocides or preservatives.
If you already have a floor or surface protected with Treatex Traditional, you can recoat the floor with Evolution. Simply give the floor a light sanding and then roll out a fresh coat of Evolution in the same manner as you would have with Treatex Traditional.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help!
The Whittle Waxes Team